Sunday, April 26, 2009

Welcome to Little Solar Steps!

Welcome to Little Solar Steps! In this blog I will write about slowly changing over to Solar power. I will chronicle my own steps as I gradully change my home to solar. Rather than trying to jump off the grid. I will look at slowly moving off the grid step by step. I may never be completely off the grid but I can lower my reliance on it and hopefully save some money as well.

I live in Florida, the sunshine state, so it is only natural that I should take advantage of the free energy streaming onto my house. I have already made a few steps and I will talk about those in upcoming entries and give the details about what I did, how I did it and the costs and benefits I realized. One project has already saved me several hundred dollars.

There are many small steps we can take along the way so that the change is not so overwhelming. By overwhelming I mean both economically and as a lifestyle change. Hopefully the changes will end up costing us less and be an adventure as well.

No comments :

Post a Comment